Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 7 partition has stopped booting. Help?

javascript:;

User uploaded file

My partition for windows 7 does show up when I go to the partition menu by holding the alt (default being the options key I think.) However it is not gone and I can browse all the files within it, and copy them, to my OSX partition. However as shown above, disk utility does no recognise that my partition has any folders or files. Although upon verifying you can see that it is browsing x number of folders, and it recognises that 674Gb is used in the form of x number of files. I have not at all altered my partition's size, my windows partition remains at 1.44 Tb. However there appears to be two OSX partitions present on my system, although i'm not sure if that is normal or whether it was created by my brother when he first set up the partitions. This all started about a week ago, i'm not sure why, it is possible that somone in my house updated OSX without me knowing however it is impossible for me to tell as I cannot remeber the previous version I was running and I don't know how to find out when the last update was. I am currently running Yosemite 10.10.3. Any help would be much appreciated, especially if it doesn't involve me deleting and reinstalling the whole partition! Thankyou:)

Posted on May 18, 2015 6:29 AM

1 reply

May 18, 2015 6:57 AM in response to BasmaLord

Can you post the output of the following Terminal commands?

diskutil list

diskutil cs list

sudo gpt -vv -r show /dev/disk0

sudo fdisk /dev/disk0

The "sudo" commands will prompt for your password, and it will not be echoed back. You may also see a warning about improper use of "sudo" and potential data loss due to "abuse" of the command.

Windows 7 partition has stopped booting. Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.