Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos and Music libraries are empty

Hi!

Installed Final Cut Pro X 10.2.1 and I cant find any media in Photos and Music and Sound browser.

How can I link Final Cut's Media browser with photo and sound library as default?

Thanks.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), null

Posted on May 18, 2015 9:38 AM

21 replies

May 21, 2015 9:42 AM in response to Dimka!

Dimka! wrote:

Some time ago I deleted Photo because Photo is released.

I dropped iPhoto to trash. I dropped to trash all files that have *iPhoto* in filename that I found on Macintosh HD also.

My be I deleted something important? 😝

I would not think so.

Here is what I would try: just temporarily, create another Photos library, add just a few photos so it is not empty, and set this new as System Photo Library - just to see if it triggers something in response (hopefully these few photos may appear in FCP X); if it works then all you have to do is to reinstate the "real" photo library as the system photo library.

May 21, 2015 10:01 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

I temporary move my photo library to trash. Create a new photo library. Put three pictures and then run FCP. Nothing. 😟 It didn't help.

Thanks for you help!

I think I deleted something important like *plist... when I deleted iPhoto.

I tried to install FCP on my Air.

It is ok! I can see photo library with photos, all sounds (iLife sounds effects, FCP Sound Effects, iTunes music and so on).

May 24, 2015 3:58 PM in response to Dimka!

I run OSX 10.10.3 on a Macbook Pro 15" Early 2011, with 8Gb RAM and 256Gb SSD.

Unfortunately I can only support your question. Exactly the same happened to me, the "Photos" and "Music and Sound" sections are empty. I uncovered this recently. I think I upgraded FCPX to the latest version (10.2.1), and removed iPhoto completely since then.

So I did in the recent past remove iPhoto, as the new Photos app is there. I also made sure I no longer have the old iPhoto Library; everything is now organized neatly in Photos.

iTunes is running as well, and I did download the FCPContent.dmg and installed it. I no longer have iMovie etc, but that was already removed long ago.

I also ran the old Garageband and the new one (v10), several times. This seemed to have helped others sometimes.

I uninstalled Final Cut Pro twice now, Final Cut Pro X 10.1: How to remove and reinstall Final Cut Pro X - Apple Support.

installing the additional content from a .dmg file every time (as the "download additional content"-menu item in FCPX just goes to the App Store, and then nothing is downloaded).

In addition I did find the content and dragged it onto the "Music and Sound" and als "Photos" section to no avail. Even individual files dropped there did not result in anything.

I really don't want to reinstall my whole Mac.

HELP?

PS other threads did also not solve this, not really:

Why can't I add final cut pro sound effects?

Neither the "Photos" nor the "Music and Sounds" browsers work

Photos and Music libraries are empty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.