Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Create a ToC without contents

How do I create a dotted line from a subject to the page number? like this:

1. Notice................................................. page 4

(except obviously from the left to the right side of the page) This is similar to table of contents, but I don't have the contents in this document so if I create a ToC with the auto-generated option, the page numbers are incorrect. It has to be in courier new, because it is a legal document, and the ellipsis is obviously smaller than the dots, so I can't just type them in. help!

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 18, 2015 12:02 PM

7 replies

May 22, 2015 8:59 AM in response to kathy3033

Hi Kathy,

Try this

User uploaded file

Repeat each heading that you want to appear in your appendix.

Format each repeat heading as Heading 1 (then TOC will recognise it).

Place the cursor before the line containing "Appendix" and Menu > Insert > Table of Contents (I chose Document from the list).

Select each Heading 1 paragraph and change the text colour to white (or whatever to "hide" it on the page).

Click on the Appendix (which is really a TOC at the end of your document) and edit the font to Courier New. Add those dotted Leaders

User uploaded file

Regards,

Ian.

May 22, 2015 9:02 AM in response to Yellowbox

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the response again. Unfortunately, I tried to do this, but this appendix is made up of 37 documents of varying page amounts over 200 pages, so even if I type up each heading, the pages for the appendix will be incorrect because the TOC doesn't allow you to manually edit the page numbers. So this doesn't work.

Thanks again.

Create a ToC without contents

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.