Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble syncing iPod Classic

Hi,

I own a 6th gen 160gb iPod Classic and I've recently had a bit of trouble syncing it to iTunes. My PC detects the iPod as I'm able to browse through the folders with Windows Explorer, but it rarely appears in the iTunes interface. When it does decide to show up, it doesn't allow me to sync or even eject the iPod. If I even attempt to eject, the software grinds to a halt and I have to quit iTunes via the task manager.

Can anyone shed some light as to how this can be fixed? I don't particularly want to re-install iTunes as I'd have to import my entire music library again, but obviously I wouldn't have a choice if that's the root of the problem.

Also, if it's any help, I'm currently running Windows 8.1 64-bit, using iTunes 12.1.2.27 and my iPod firmware is fully updated to v2.0.5

Many thanks!

iPod classic, Windows 8

Posted on May 18, 2015 11:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2016 4:18 AM

I've managed to fix part of the problem.

For some reason, the Sync Music button had unchecked itself in the iTunes setting panel, so I've ticked it and I'm finally able to sync once again. However, I still get the occasional issue of iTunes not detecting my iPod. I usually try resetting the device, restarting iTunes and trying the cable in a different USB port, but neither of these fixes are consistent. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2016 4:18 AM in response to technobisto

I've managed to fix part of the problem.

For some reason, the Sync Music button had unchecked itself in the iTunes setting panel, so I've ticked it and I'm finally able to sync once again. However, I still get the occasional issue of iTunes not detecting my iPod. I usually try resetting the device, restarting iTunes and trying the cable in a different USB port, but neither of these fixes are consistent. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Trouble syncing iPod Classic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.