Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad losing charge while using and plugged in.....

since one of the recent updates I can no longer use my device plugged in very long....the charge goes down rather quickly

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 7

Posted on May 18, 2015 1:03 PM

1 reply

May 20, 2015 1:31 PM in response to Gotwqqd

Hello Gotwqqd,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like the iPad is not charging fast to gain charge while plugged in and in use. Does it charge to full if you are not using it and what are you charging it with? I would recommend that you read these articles, they may be helpful in troubleshooting your issue.

Charge your iPhone and iPod touch - Apple Support

Use the USB cable that came with your device and plug in to one of these power sources (if you’re using a third-party cable or accessory, make sure it’s Apple certified).

• Power outlet: Use a USB power adapter and connect to a power outlet.
  • Computer: Make sure your computer is on and not in sleep mode, then connect to a USB 2.0 or 3.0 port. Don’t use the USB ports on your keyboard.
  • Other USB power source: You can use a powered USB hub, docking station, or other accessory to charge your device.

If you can’t charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a nice day,

Mario

iPad losing charge while using and plugged in.....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.