Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

recovery of photos and videos from icloud

I had over 2000 photos and videos in my Iphone 5s which I had synced with icloud keeping My Photo stream option on!I accidentally happened to switch of Photos option from icloud settings!Following the restoring Iphone I could recover only 992 Photos and Videos! How Do I recover the rest of my Photos and Videos? Please HELP!!

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 18, 2015 2:05 PM

1 reply

May 20, 2015 1:48 PM in response to krunaligokani

Hello krunaligokani,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

From your post I understand that you had turned off My Photo Stream, turned it back on, and now you are seeing fewer photos in My Photo Stream. This is to be expected, as your device will hold a cache of up to 1000 photos in My Photo Stream. To learn more, please see the information below.

Your device will keep up to 1000 photos, even if they're older than 30 days. Photos older than 30 days are removed from the iCloud server, so your devices might not have the same photos, depending on when you enabled My Photo Stream. Due to storage limitations, your Apple TV might display only your most recent photos.

Use these steps if you want to have the most current photos from My Photo Stream on each of your devices and delete the older photos:

1. If there are any photos in the Recently Added album (or the My Photo Stream album in iOS 7) that you want to keep, save them to your device, then back up your photos and other data using iCloud or iTunes.
  2. Turn My Photo Stream off in Settings > iCloud > Photos.
  3. Confirm that you want to Delete Photos.
  4. Turn My Photo Stream back on. iCloud will automatically push your stored photos to your device.
  5. Repeat these steps for each device.

Get help using My Photo Stream - Apple Support

What happens to my photos if I turn off My Photo Stream?

If you sign out of iCloud or turn off My Photo Stream on an iOS device, all the photos in the My Photo Stream album are removed from that device. Any photos from My Photo Stream that were imported to the All Photos album and the Photos tab will also be removed. The photos from My Photo Stream on your other devices aren't affected. Photos from My Photo Stream are saved on the iCloud server for 30 days from the date you uploaded them to My Photo Stream. If you sign in to iCloud with the same Apple ID and turn on My Photo Stream on another device, those photos will automatically download to this device.

Before turning off My Photo Stream, it's a good idea to save any photos that you'd like to keep to your device. Learn more about saving your photos.

My Photo Stream FAQ - Apple Support

Have a good one,

Alex H.

recovery of photos and videos from icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.