Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I get video files through email and the sound works however, the sound won't work on youtube and I checked the sound in System Preferences and it's on. I also tried sound buttons and they don't work but they did last night.

I have an iMac 10.8.8. When I receive a video as an email I can open and it works just fine, sound and all. I tried youtube tonight and the sound won't work

although it did last night. I checked preferences and the sound is on. I also tried the sound keys and still no sound. I also updated Flash but still no sound.

HELP!?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on May 18, 2015 5:09 PM

3 replies

May 20, 2015 2:39 PM in response to Debby-G

Hi Debby-G,

I'm assuming you are getting emails with links to video clips at www.youtube.com, versus actual video files. Is that right? Have you restarted your computer and gone back to the Youtube website to try and play a video again? Do you have have similar issues with audio at similar websites like Vimeo?

I'd try these things first. I've included the basic troubleshooting article for sound issues for your reference if the issue persists.

Troubleshooting issues with no audio from built-in speakers on Macs - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203186

Take care,

- Judy

I get video files through email and the sound works however, the sound won't work on youtube and I checked the sound in System Preferences and it's on. I also tried sound buttons and they don't work but they did last night.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.