Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My I pod only plays 929 songs can it be fixed?

I have over 11000 songs on my Ipod but I can only see 929 of them, is this a problem other people have had and can it be fixed?

iPod classic, 80gb

Posted on May 18, 2015 2:41 PM

1 reply

May 19, 2015 10:23 AM in response to Knitsadaisy

It can almost certainly be fixed, but you will need to be more specific.

• How do you know there are over 11000 songs on your iPod if you can only see 929 of them? How do you get these figures?
  • On the iPod, if you go to Settings/About: on this first screen how much space is devoted to Other on the bar? If it looks like a large amount, then you will need to check the actual figure by using iTunes. (See below)
  • Before coming out of the Settings/About, press the Select (centre) button (to reach the second screen) how many songs are listed there?

With the iPod connected to iTunes, look on the device and at the bottom of the iTunes window is a capacity bar, showing how much space is being used on the iPod for different things. Hover the mouse over the Other section and a text bubble will appear, listing the GB used by Other. What is the figure?

My I pod only plays 929 songs can it be fixed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.