Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Ipod won't sync

So basically, I built a new computer back in November. Around January I finally was fed up with my "friend" who kept saying he was going to come over and transfer my music so I did it myself by using a USB drive. That's where my problems started. For some reason Itunes wouldn't recognize any of the music until I just dragged it into the already existing folder. So I finally at least get my music on the computer - so that was helpful. But now it won't sync anything. I have to manually drag every single song I want onto the Ipod when I have it connected via USB.

Please help me. I'm pondering Resetting the Ipod to see if that works but if it doesn't then it won't sync at all and I'm out of luck without an ipod. :-(

iPod nano (4th generation), iOS 8.3

Posted on May 18, 2015 4:10 PM

1 reply

May 20, 2015 2:36 PM in response to Shad0wembrace

Hi Shad0wembrace,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like there’s an issue automatically syncing content to your iPod nano. Take a look at the article linked below and see if ‘Manually manage music and videos’ is enabled in iTunes.

Manage content manually on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod - Apple Support

If it is, you may want to uncheck it and sync automatically as shown in this article:

Sync your iPhone, iPad, and iPod with iTunes using USB - Apple Support

So long,

-Jason

My Ipod won't sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.