Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New songs in iTunes won't sync with mobile devices since IOS 8.3 update.

New songs uploaded to iTunes are greyed out in my mobile device libraries (iPad 2 and iPhone 6) and are non existent on the mobile devices themselves since updating to IOS 8.3. Refer to screen shot of my iPad's library in iTunes.

User uploaded file

The songs play just fine through iTunes on my MacBook Pro, but they are just not uploading to the devices. I've tried everything I can think of including multiple syncs, unchecking and rechecking Sync Entire music library, playing with all of the different settings on the mobile devices related to Music and iTunes & App Store in Settings.

Is there a solution out there other than dumping the entire music library and re-syncing? I've got 6000 songs and that amount of data syncing to an iPad 2 takes some serious time. I plan on uploaded a lot of music from my CD collection over time so there has to be a better solution than that. This used to be a simple drag and drop process.

Any and all ideas welcome. Thanks!

iPad 2, iOS 8.3, Yosemite 10.10.3 iTunes 12.1.2.27

Posted on May 18, 2015 4:34 PM

2 replies

New songs in iTunes won't sync with mobile devices since IOS 8.3 update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.