Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There are periods when my Apple mail won't connect to any of my out gaining mail servers. What's up?

I have periods of time, sometimes up to an hour when my Apple mail won't connect to any of my outgoing mail servers and then other times - no problem. I've never had this problem before, but it's happened a lot recently on both of my MacPros. Any ideas?

MacPro, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on May 18, 2015 5:40 PM

3 replies

May 18, 2015 9:05 PM in response to Polaris12

check:

Mail > Connection Doctor ...

...and make sure you are connecting to the things you expect. I think iCloud takes care of its own connection "behind Mail's back" so its Sender may not be listed.

If the either the provider's Sending or receiving Server is offline for any reason, you can get the demand for password. If you enter anything, it clobbers the old password.

There are periods when my Apple mail won't connect to any of my out gaining mail servers. What's up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.