Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to disable swiping between chapters/sections in iBooks Author?

Hey, all.

I'm doing a non-linear iBook and I was wondering if there is any way to create a chapter, section or page that is accessible only through clicking a link somewhere else in the book.

That is, when the reader is there, I want them to not be able to swipe left or right to see other content (but they could go back to a main menu with a link inside that chapter).

I've been looking everywhere to a solution, but have come up with nothing so far.

iBooks Author-OTHER

Posted on May 18, 2015 5:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2015 4:51 AM

Hello Pablusioumeo,

I don't think there is such a possible oder of execution within iBA.

It sort of goes against the natural order of a book but I do understand what you are thinking of.

Have you tried placing Large text links at the bottom of the page to encourage the users progression through the book rather than the conventional left and right swiping of pages?

Interested in what you find out in the end…

Regards,

Nigel

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2015 4:51 AM in response to pablusioumeo

Hello Pablusioumeo,

I don't think there is such a possible oder of execution within iBA.

It sort of goes against the natural order of a book but I do understand what you are thinking of.

Have you tried placing Large text links at the bottom of the page to encourage the users progression through the book rather than the conventional left and right swiping of pages?

Interested in what you find out in the end…

Regards,

Nigel

May 21, 2015 5:00 AM in response to pablusioumeo

Pablusioumeo: Sounds like you'll need to develop a book app (as opposed to an iBook) if you want to achieve this effect. As Nigel pointed out, it goes against the natural order of a book, but I also see what you're trying to accomplish and how it would be useful in some cases (like a book that gives users different paths to read the book)

How to disable swiping between chapters/sections in iBooks Author?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.