Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Albums 'split' on AppleTV, iPad and iPhone iTunes

I've noticed a curious problem over the last few days and am not sure how to correct it. On my iPad, iPhone and AppleTV some albums are 'split' into two albums, but on my Mac they are fine. Except for the AppleTV the songs are all downloaded on my devices.

When I view my music by Albums or Artists some albums are broken up into two albums. For example, the album Dream a Little Dream, appears twice in Album view.

First instance of Dream a Little Dream

10 Rwanda Nziza

11 Gongix

Second instance of Dream a Little Dream

1 Storm

2 Kuroneko No Tango

3 Dream a Little Dream

4 Fernando

5 Hayaida Hachi Yafah Bagan

6 Friend

7 Die Dorfmusik

8 In Stiller Nacht

9 Le premiew bonheur du jour

12 Hushabye Mountain

13 Lonely Goatherd

14 Edelweiss

15 Thunder

This was not the case a few days ago. The songs all have the same artist, album name, etc. I've verified this on my Mac and using the Information view they all belong to the same album and artist. So it's not a problem of compilation.

Anyone seeing this? It's one of those wonder first-world-problems that means I can't play many of my favorite albums on the AppleTV because they are now broken/organized into more than one album. I have tried using "Update iTunes Match" on my Mac and that did not fix anything. I also signed in/out of iTunes Match on my AppleTV and restarted it – problem persists.

iPad Air 2 WiFi, Cellular, iOS 8, null

Posted on May 18, 2015 6:05 PM

1 reply

Jul 4, 2015 4:39 PM in response to dwimordene

Since IOS 8.4 I have also noticed issues with duplications on my iPhone 5s and album splits on my Apple TV using iMatch. The Apple TV is on the latest up-to-date version and I have tried switching iMatch off, restart and switching iMatch on again. Some things changed, such as some of the duplications went into the artist's folder but remained outside their album. I have ever never seen this before this week and the changes to iTunes. Also, I noticed the option to update iTunes match has disappeared. I guess there is no need to sync manually now??

For now I have switched off iMatch on my Apple TV in case it starts to cause problems on my other devices (doubt it but you never know).

Anyone else getting these problems?

Albums 'split' on AppleTV, iPad and iPhone iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.