Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I create a new track in garageband?

I just bought GB 10.0.3 from the app store. I opened it up and it wouldn't let me open new tracks, or do anything for that matter. I clicked the "+" symbol, I clicked tracks--> new track, and nothing. I also cant see any loops, all of the options are greyed out. and when I go to the library browser it is empty. What is going on?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 18, 2015 5:57 PM

1 reply

May 19, 2015 9:32 AM in response to JohnG7792

Usually, that is an indication that CoreAudio is not enabled (meaning it can't process audio signals).

The strange thing is that GarageBand doesn't have a checkbox to disable CoreAudio like Logic Pro.

Did you get a warning message when you start GarageBand, something like "Launch Core Audio"? How about restarting GarageBand or deleting its Preferences (if you know how to do it). You can also log into a different user (which uses its own Preferences). That way you can find out if some GarageBand-related file of you main user is corrupted.

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Why can't I create a new track in garageband?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.