Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keep getting notification that says: "Unplug the device using too much power to re-enable USB devices." Even when there is no USB device plugged in. Any thoughts on how to disable the notification?

I keep getting a notification that says: "Unplug the device using too much power to re-enable USB devices." Even when there is no USB device plugged in. Any thoughts on how to disable the notification?

MacBookPro, Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on May 18, 2015 6:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2015 4:11 PM

I am having the same problem. Someone helps please!

5 replies

May 20, 2015 7:08 AM in response to Natykap

I do have the same issue, I tried reseting the SMC but still it prevails.

My iPhone as well as iPad is not syncing with iTunes and none of the devices show up when connected to the USB drivers.

The only pop up notification I get is USB drivers disabled,unplug the device using too much power to re-enable USB devices. 😟

Guess this might be a software glitch. Hope apple will take some steps to fix this ASAP.

MacBook Pro- OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

iPhone 5C - iOS 8.3

Keep getting notification that says: "Unplug the device using too much power to re-enable USB devices." Even when there is no USB device plugged in. Any thoughts on how to disable the notification?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.