Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

battery charger warranty service takes too long

I purchased a battery charger pack on Dec 1st, 2014 in companion with an iMac 27" Late 2013. The Keyboard and Magic Mouse worked great with the builtin batteries until March 2015. The problem was that the rechargeable battery capacity was always only 85% no matter how long it was plugged into the power. I took the battery charger and battery cells to Future World (premimum reseller in Vietnam) on Apr 24th, 2015. It is nearly one month that I have not heard any information about my case yet. I believe that such service is too terrible. Should I continue my endless waiting or do anything else?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on May 18, 2015 10:53 PM

3 replies

May 18, 2015 11:50 PM in response to Ho Ah Nam

Can I assume that you have tried to mix the six batteries to see if the charge shortage applies to all of them. Or tried a pair of batteries from another supplier. If you have, that should be enough to establish that the charger is at fault.

All Apple hardware carries a 12 month guarantee and after four months you should get an immediate (after they have tested it) exchange.

This is the Vietnam contact point ... https://www.apple.com/vn/ If all else fails you can write to Cupertino.

But first ask to talk to the store manager and point out the warranty details. As far as I know, Apple no longer individually issue warranties for smaller items; you need to have proof of purchase by way of a receipt, electronic or otherwise.

May 19, 2015 7:48 AM in response to seventy one

Thanks for your reply. The all 6 batteries have been carefully tested and claimed to be not in a good condition as they have to be by Future World. They said that the processing time may take one to three weeks because the product must be sent to Singapore first. It is May 19th 2015, roughly 1 month, but I have not received anything. I have to purchase some other AA batteries. I believe that an immediate replacement should be carried on as soon as any defect is detected. Cannot believe that they have let me wait that long.

May 19, 2015 9:08 AM in response to Ho Ah Nam

Yes, I agree with you. I really don't underatand why it must be sent to Singapore. And it appears they are blaming the batteries. I would be inclined to talk nicely (as I'm sure you will) to the Official Apple store in Singapore and ask them if they can direct you to a suitable senior person in Vietnam. In my opinion this is a nonsense and not the Apple service you could expect in the USA or Europe. I had a similar problem to you two years ago; the premium re-seller exchanged charger and batteries on the spot.

I have tried to find somewhere for you to approach but so far without success but there is a telephone number for Singapore. Perhaps they can advise. 800.186.1087

battery charger warranty service takes too long

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.