Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After reset my iPhone 4, it does not recognize my apple ID and I can not activate it. Its almost died. what should I do.

After reset my iPhone 4, it does not recognize my apple ID and I can not activate it. Its almost died. what should I do.

iPhone 4, iOS 7

Posted on May 19, 2015 1:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2015 2:24 AM

Hi Have you Restored iPhone back to Factory Settings ? Have you had iPhone from new if not it could be locked to a unknown Apple ID Restore back to Factory Settings if you can. Cheers Brian

9 replies

May 19, 2015 3:16 AM in response to Briansyddall

I changed my apple ID password through iCLOUD and used the new one but it did not work and did not accept to activate it.

Tthe problem (now and not before 😉 ) is I received this iPHONE as a gift and I do not know where and with which apple ID he bought it at first, also I am not in contact with the person and I do not even think he remember it as well as it was around 4 years ago, the phone was great during 4 years and now I am afraid with such a problem I might have to give it away. Thanks a lot, Bahar

Aug 28, 2015 4:22 AM in response to bahar536

A few days ago I changed my iPhone 5 screen(the light was very dim, almost dark) in a third party service provider. Before handing them my phone, I erased all data from my phone at [general > reset > erase all content and setting]

After I get my phone the screen was good again. But I couldn't restore my phone again. It does not authorise. The message I am getting is this:

Your iPhone could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable. Try connection your iPhone to iTunes to activate it, or try again in a couple of minutes.

If this problem persists, contact Apple Support at apple.com/support

I called authorised Apple support in my country. They helped me in trying recovery mode but it didn't worked. After that they told me that since I repaired my screen in a third service, they will no longer provide me any support. Since my guarantee period is over I thought I could get a paid service. I find it strange they said that.
Anyway, my iPhone is still not operating and I tried everything I could find on internet. The things I tried are

• After selecting my language and country, I select my wifi connection. It says it will take some time for my iPhone to be activated(not exact words) but it doesn't at the end
  • I tried to do it with iTunes instead of internet connection, it still doesn't work
  • I tried recovery mode and it didn't work also

Do I have any other option left? What to do in that case.

PS. it is an US bought phone, I am in Turkey. I have been using this phone for almost a year with no problem.

PS2. I couldn't made a new post.

Aug 28, 2015 5:51 AM in response to sdnc

What is the exact complete text of that error message?

If it says the activation server is unavailable:

4 possible causes for that error message:

1] Activation server is actually down. Very rare occurrence, and of short duration when it

does happen. Solution - try again.

2] Your firewall and/or antivirus software are preventing the necessary connection. Solution -

temporarily disable your firewall and/or antivirus software until the activation completes.

3] computer being used for activation has been used to jailbreak an iOS device in the past.

Solution - use a different computer.

4] iPad has been jailbroken. Your favorite search engine may provide some direction, but jailbreaks often prevent

activations/updates from succeeding. Per Terms of Use for this forum, discussion of jailbroken iPads is

prohibited.

Aug 28, 2015 7:29 AM in response to imobl

dear imobl,

thank you very much for your detailed answer.

1. unless the server is down for 1 day, it is not the case
  2. i made sure that is not the case.
  3. i tried with 2 different computers. one was my macbook which is under warrantey, one is my windows pc. i don't use cracked-jail breaked software.
  4. my iPhone is not jailbroken.

i understand that it is a strange case. i believe there has to should be solution. i hope i will find it here.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.