Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is MP4 progressive only and not interlaced? I want to use it for news gathering

I need to send MP4 interlaced with top field first.

Compressor, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 19, 2015 4:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2015 4:20 AM

There are a lot of things that Compressor (and FCP X) can do and can't do to reformat video. Unfortunately, what you want falls into the second category, Just guessing that the team decided the vast majority would use MP4 for the Web. If it's a deal breaker. you have to use another compression app.

BTW, I thought that MPEG Streamclip could do this, but I was wrong.

Russ

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2015 4:20 AM in response to digowa

There are a lot of things that Compressor (and FCP X) can do and can't do to reformat video. Unfortunately, what you want falls into the second category, Just guessing that the team decided the vast majority would use MP4 for the Web. If it's a deal breaker. you have to use another compression app.

BTW, I thought that MPEG Streamclip could do this, but I was wrong.

Russ

May 20, 2015 7:09 AM in response to Russ H

I have the same question. An interlaced video is a broadcast standard. I need to export my original INTERLACED video to an INTERLACED file with h.264. I don't need to reformat video, I want to save the interlaced form. But Compressor 4 don't allow to do it. This is a reason, for me, to refuse Compressor 4 and Finale Cut X. I am disappointed!

Why is MP4 progressive only and not interlaced? I want to use it for news gathering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.