Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Media In message

Hi,

I have a 80gb IPod Classic. Can't recall generation but it's several years - maybe 6 - old.

Works fine when using earphones but when I plug into either media cable in a VW Golf or use the Apple cable from the IPod to a Pioneer head unit in our VW T25 I get a message "Media In" come up on the screen and the IPod will only play all tracks in alphabetical order. You can't scroll through or access the menu.

What am I doing wrong?

Ta

iPod classic

Posted on May 19, 2015 3:51 AM

2 replies

May 19, 2015 10:04 AM in response to Fromedad

You could try starting the iPod with the music you want (for example, a particular playlist) and then connecting it to the car head unit.

I connect my iPod to a Mazda car via a Dension device. If simply plug the iPod in and leave the car stereo to start it, it is unpredictable. Sometimes it will not even begin playing. I have found the most reliable method is to start my iPod playing my chosen playlist and then connecting to the car stereo.

It may not help you, but it's probably worth a try.

Media In message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.