Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport express to solve apple tv connectivity issue?

Hello,

I have the need to duplicate the screen of my mac mini (Yosemite) on television with Apple tv for presentations.

Currently when I duplicate the screen, the Mac mini continues to look fluid, but on television lags.

I think are connectivity problems, counting the mac mini and Apple TV are the last generation, so I thought about using airport express to extend and enhance the signal.

Now the two questions:

1. Think that might be a solution to my problem or my problem could be due to other factors?

2. Airport Express can extend a wireless (non-Apple) or as the old airport express can only connected via cable to not Apple networks?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on May 19, 2015 3:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2015 9:35 AM

1. Think that might be a solution to my problem or my problem could be due to other factors?

Anything is possible, including wireless interference from other WiFi networks.

2. Airport Express can extend a wireless (non-Apple) or as the old airport express can only connected via cable to not Apple networks?

The AirPort Express can only "extend" a wireless network produced by another Apple wireless router.

As a "test", try temporarily connecting an Ethernet cable from the Mini to the AppleTV. You will have to tell the AppleTV to use the Ethernet connection when you do this.

Does that help? If the TV looks good with a wired connection, then you know that it is the wireless signal that is degrading, resulting in a loss of picture quality.

If you cannot run the Ethernet cable permanently, a pair of Ethernet Over Powerline (EOP) adapters might be able to transmit the signal over the existing AC powerlines. The theory with these devices is that you already have the wiring in place, you just need the adapters. However, in practice, things do not always work as well as the theory might suggest, so if you decide to try a pair, it would be good idea to understand the store's return policy before you buy.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2015 9:35 AM in response to d.daniele87

Anything is possible, including wireless interference from other WiFi networks.

The AirPort Express can only "extend" a wireless network produced by another Apple wireless router.

As a "test", try temporarily connecting an Ethernet cable from the Mini to the AppleTV. You will have to tell the AppleTV to use the Ethernet connection when you do this.

Does that help? If the TV looks good with a wired connection, then you know that it is the wireless signal that is degrading, resulting in a loss of picture quality.

If you cannot run the Ethernet cable permanently, a pair of Ethernet Over Powerline (EOP) adapters might be able to transmit the signal over the existing AC powerlines. The theory with these devices is that you already have the wiring in place, you just need the adapters. However, in practice, things do not always work as well as the theory might suggest, so if you decide to try a pair, it would be good idea to understand the store's return policy before you buy.

Airport express to solve apple tv connectivity issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.