Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I combine mine and my wife's libraries?

There are 2 accounts with different logins.

Also, I have an old iPod mini with lots of tracks on that are not in either library due to them being stored on an old crashed and burned PC. Now using a Macbook and want to combine everything together to make out easy to deal with. Devices are 1 Macbook, 2 iPhones, 1 iPad, 3 iPods - all of which have different tracks/apps etc.

Thanks for in the advice in advance.

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on May 19, 2015 9:11 AM

1 reply

May 19, 2015 9:35 AM in response to davechewyhewitthewitt

This is such an open question.

Examples: You cannot combine iTunes Store accounts. You can do everything from completely merge content from multiple accounts to merely share media from multiple accounts in one or more libraries. You can each have a library and manage your own devices from each person's library. The libraries can be in separate computer accounts or one. Items can be shared by Home Sharing or Family Sharing. Separate libraries can each have their own media or you can share media between multiple libraries. To maintain different content you can either have one library syncing different playlists to each device or you can have multiple libraries syncing one to each device.

As you can see from the above it would help to have more limiting parameters to see which solutions work best for you.

I don't know about the iPod. Generally you can only transfer iTunes Store purchases from iOS devices to a computer. For other media you have to buy third party software because it is planned you are making regular backups of your computers.

iTunes: How to share music and video - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2688 - about Music Sharing and Home Sharing

Can I combine mine and my wife's libraries?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.