Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problems with photosweeper

Hi. I installed photosweeper app to delete duplicates on Photos. After deleting duplicates including moving them from Photos trash to main trash and deleting from there, when I opened Photos I had a whole lot of photos missing including completely blank albums. I've tried reloading Photos and repairing it but didn't work. This app has basically fritzed my Photos and when I contact their support they tell me that its a problem with Photos. Can anyone help?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 19, 2015 6:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2015 6:43 AM

restore your backup form before this occurred

I had been told the PhotoSweeper was updates and safe - sounds like that is wrong and it should not be used

PowerPhotos and Duplicate Annihilator are up to date and are safe to use with Photos

LN

6 replies

May 19, 2015 7:10 AM in response to DrRoD

If you use a computer with out having a backup you are 100% guaranteed to lose things - people make mistakes - software fails - hard ware fails - and when those happen with no backup you are out of luck -- do you drive with no insurance and not putting your seat belt on because GM told you their car was safe

You need to immediately get an external hard drive (TimeCapsule is a good choice) and start running TimeMachine all the time so you have hourly backups - if you do not you will lose more data in the future

For now it is possible that software like FileSalvage can find the missing photos and you can start a new library with what you have and the ones FIleSalvage or other similer software can find

LN

problems with photosweeper

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.