Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBook Author is not working with iPhoto since the new update. Any suggestions??

the media part of Author is seeing audio and movies - but NOT photos - iPhoto! This happened since the new iPhoto update. iPhoto is still working with my pages and other applications.

iMac

Posted on May 19, 2015 7:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2015 9:48 AM

I've the same problem and followed it up with Apple Support. They tried various things but came back to me and said they were replicating the problem on their equipment too so classed it as a bug to be solved (perhaps) in a future (but unspecified) update.

However, I switched back to iPhoto which is still in Applications folder and suddenly iBooks Author could see the photos in the old iPhoto. So for now I can work the way I did by going back to iPhoto.

One caveat..... You can either use iPhoto or the new Photo but I don't think both. So I think if you use iPhoto for writing ebooks, it may not show new photos imported into the new program.

Hone this helps until Apple, fix what they broke!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2015 9:48 AM in response to coachmar10

I've the same problem and followed it up with Apple Support. They tried various things but came back to me and said they were replicating the problem on their equipment too so classed it as a bug to be solved (perhaps) in a future (but unspecified) update.

However, I switched back to iPhoto which is still in Applications folder and suddenly iBooks Author could see the photos in the old iPhoto. So for now I can work the way I did by going back to iPhoto.

One caveat..... You can either use iPhoto or the new Photo but I don't think both. So I think if you use iPhoto for writing ebooks, it may not show new photos imported into the new program.

Hone this helps until Apple, fix what they broke!

iBook Author is not working with iPhoto since the new update. Any suggestions??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.