Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ibook g4 stuck on disc 2

Hello,

I purchsed two Ibook G4 for my young children to use and I need help. When I turn them both on they boot up to a screen that says please insert disc 2 to continue the Mac OS install. I spoke with the person that sold them to me and he said that the drives had been wiped and that he was trying to install OS 10.4 and could not get the system to access the second disc. I have Mac OS 10.3 on CD and would like to install it on both systems but I can not get the systems out of this disc 2 thing and it is driving me crazy. I cant not afford to purchase 10.4 and both systems only have CD drives in them. I know they are old systems but for young kids it is a great start and hey Apple is Apple ---One amazing company!! Any help would be great. I have tried all the boot key shortcuts and the only thing that comes up is the hard drive and I cant get passed this.

Thank you all for your time

Bill

iBook, Mac OS X (10.4), stuck in install of disc 2

Posted on May 19, 2015 5:13 AM

1 reply

May 19, 2015 1:12 PM in response to belgin801

The standard install procedure is to insert 10.3 disk one and then double click the Install Mac OS X icon.

User uploaded file

If this fails then try inserting the OSX 10.3 installation disk 1 and then restarting while holding the C key down till there is evidence of boot activity. the key needs to be held for a while and not just pressed and released.

http://download.info.apple.com/Apple_Support_Area/Manuals/mac_os/MacOSX10.3_Inst all_Setup.pdf

ibook g4 stuck on disc 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.