Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't open iPhoto?

After updating my MacBook Air to version 10.10.3 I can't open iPhoto. it say this:

User uploaded file

But when I searched the App store, it said:

User uploaded file

Its been a week since t happened. Will the update be available in my country or are there other ways to fix this?

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 19, 2015 5:47 AM

5 replies

May 19, 2015 5:53 AM in response to MrxJy

Hi. If you previously purchased iPhoto, it should be in your App Store Purchases list. If you don’t see it. it may be under Hidden Purchases. You can try downloading it from there. Look for 9.6.1 version

You may also check this thread: My iPhoto won't open, and tells me I need to download the current version. But when I try to do that, it says the application isn't available in my country.

(See Terence Devlin`s answer)

May 19, 2015 6:54 AM in response to MrxJy

Go to the App Store and check out the Purchases List. If iPhoto is there then it will be v9.6.1

If it is there, then drag your existing iPhoto app (not the library, just the app) to the trash

Install the App from the App Store.

Sometimes iPhoto is not visible on the Purchases List. it may be hidden. See this article for details on how to unhide it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4928

One question often asked: Will I lose my Photos if I reinstall?

iPhoto the application and the iPhoto Library are two different parts of the iPhoto programme. So, reinstalling the app should not affect the Library. BUT you should always have a back up before doing this kind of work. Always.

Can't open iPhoto?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.