Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie 2015

I am running iMovie 10.0.8

Is that iMovie 2015? It would help if Apple did not give 2 names to an app.

DFHILL

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), Late 2013, 27 inch screen

Posted on May 19, 2015 7:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2015 8:24 AM

No. Its the just latest version of iMovie 10. Before iMovie version 10 Apple named iMovie after the version of iLife they came with. So iMovie version 9 was generally known as iMovie '11 because it came with iLife '11 in 2011. Now (thankfully) they just use the version number.

Geoff.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2015 8:24 AM in response to Madairarc

No. Its the just latest version of iMovie 10. Before iMovie version 10 Apple named iMovie after the version of iLife they came with. So iMovie version 9 was generally known as iMovie '11 because it came with iLife '11 in 2011. Now (thankfully) they just use the version number.

Geoff.

May 23, 2015 7:00 AM in response to GeeD

I don't know about officially but David A. Cox uses iMovie 2015 on his youtube site for "Complete Tutorial of iMovie 2015".

The reason I thought there might be another version is that his screen shots show the clips divided and my 10.0.8 will not do that (perhaps more accurately, I don't know how to do that). I load from the SD card and it goes into iMovie as one large clip which I have to manually divide as I edit. My old sony trv camcorder would divide them with each clip being the time of shooting or 9 minutes. I was using iMovie HD (6) and I don't know if the camcorder did the dividing or if iMovie did.

I am now shooting with a Canon FS200 which shoots in SD but I need it less than 1080 so I can edit, reduce further with QT Pro and get it on 2 DVD discs. Yes it is long and I may go to dual next year.

Thanks for your input.

David Hill

May 23, 2015 8:19 AM in response to Madairarc

Well Apple has marked my post 'recommended' so I think this is a confirmation of the way they want iMovie to be referred to. Version numbers make more sense with any software. 😉

I'm not knowledgeable about iMovie HD6 but there are several HD6 enthusiasts who may want to chime in on your 'dividing question.

Geoff.

iMovie 2015

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.