Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happens to iCloud data if iPad is erased on passcode retries?

I recently lost my iPad and since it no longer appears in my devices list on my iPhone using Find iPhone app I assume someone tried the passcode 10 times and erased the iPad. I just wondered if that backup data is still in iCloud and how I can access any documents that were backed up there.

Thanks for any info.

Michael

iCloud-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on May 19, 2015 10:25 AM

3 replies

May 19, 2015 10:27 AM in response to itinko

Yes, erasing the iPad does nothing to the data stored in iCloud.

If you ever acquire a new iPad you should be able to restore the new iPad from the iCloud backup, and access the iCloud data normally.

You can also go to http://icloud.com on any desktop browser, login with your Apple ID and access any files from Pages, Keynote, numbers and any custom folders you may have through there.

May 28, 2015 12:42 PM in response to Phil0124

Thanks for your reply. I just found it as I didn't know how to locate my post until I figured out I could search for user ID. Most forums have a "show my threads" but I guess not here.

I expected that iCloud backup would have backed up all data files including some drawings I made with Omnigraffle, a flowcharting app. I don't see it in the cloud iCloud Drive which doesn't seem to contain much of anything, I just activated it since I finally have all my devices upgraded so I can access it.

I guess I was wrong but I thought all app documents would get backed up to iCloud (even before the advent of the new iCloud Drive).

Michael

May 29, 2015 10:54 AM in response to itinko

When the iPhone backups to iCloud its does so in a packaged file. You cannot see the contents of the backup file through iCloud Drive, but it should tell you it has backed up, in Settings->iCloud->Backups.

Apps that store data on iCloud Drive such as Pages and numbers a few other 3rd party ones, you can see in the folder view in iCloud, but that is not a backup.

2 different things, mostly unrelated to each other.

What happens to iCloud data if iPad is erased on passcode retries?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.