Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My "save" drop down box is too big for the screen!

Hello,

So ever since I upgrades my iOS I have had this issue. Whenever I open a webpage, word document, excel document--essentially any application I want to "save" or "save as" the drop down box is too big for my screen. Now, I can shrink my application bar at the bottom of the screen, click save, and then make my application bar bigger, but I cannot just save a file anymore without shrinking my app bar. I CANNOT re-size the save drop down box. In fact, I have tried to do this multiple times but when I hover my mouse over the bottom and attempt to click and drag up, nothing happens! It is still too big. Here are some things I have tried:

1. Resize the save box and hope it "remembers" not to be too big. (Doesn't work because I can't resize it)

2. Change the screen resolution -- enter a program --open the "save" menu-- change the screen resolution back--see that briefly the save menu is the correct size and still can't change the size of the box -- then fake save the file again --go back into the file and try to save it again only to find the save menu has returned to its enormous size.

3. Restarting my computer.

4. Searching online for help.

So, any more bright ideas?

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on May 19, 2015 12:47 PM

7 replies

Aug 11, 2015 7:13 PM in response to Mandaline5

I had the same issue and this worked for me.... Use the up arrow next to the dialogue box with the file name you are saving to reduce the selection of save locations. This will immediately reduce the size of the window. When you reselect the arrow to expand the selection, it should resize and expand "inside" of the screen size. This worked for me and I had the same problem you are describing in both Word and Excel. As best as I can tell, I think this is a glitch that occurs when you switch back from "Full Screen" after opening a dialogue box in full screen mode. Good luck.

My "save" drop down box is too big for the screen!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.