Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't figure out how to delete a page in PAGES document. It's grouping pages and deleting several rather than just the one. I have read on here about inserting a section break but whenever i try to do that it is not a highlighted option? help

Hello. I really can't figure out how to delete a middle page in PAGES document. It's grouping pages and deleting several rather than just the one. I have read on here about inserting a section break but whenever i try to do that it is not a highlighted option? It may be that I didn't insert a new page properly after page 1, but i also don't know where to find that option (again it is not highlighted so I can't click on it). I have Pages 09. Please help....

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on May 19, 2015 1:09 PM

4 replies

May 19, 2015 3:03 PM in response to ShainaGS

I'm using Pages 5.5 and have a similar problem. I am producing a large document with both text and photo pages. I've attempted to do it methodically, by making a section break before I start creating a photo section. Then, within that section, I make lots of page breaks, so I have enough pages to insert the photos. But if I try to move a photo up to a different page, or try to delete a page I don't need, everything moves. I've tried "lock" and "group" and have made the photos all presumably to NOT move with text. Also, sometimes my photos end up in a totally different location, on top of the text pages. (see image below) argh.

I've been told opposing things by Apple store teachers -- so I thought I'd try YOU ALL!

Would appreciate any help!! On MBP 15 inch mid 2012 with OSX yosemite 10.10.3 Pages 5.5.3

User uploaded file

Can't figure out how to delete a page in PAGES document. It's grouping pages and deleting several rather than just the one. I have read on here about inserting a section break but whenever i try to do that it is not a highlighted option? help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.