Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail app won't reconnect until computer restarted.

I'm using Mavericks 10.9.5 and Mail 7.3.

Recently I got a funny behavior a few times. I occasionally lose my internet connection (supplied via USB). Just a signal loss, as no cables are disconnected. My other apps and mail accounts will disconnect like normal. When I get the connection back, EVERY APP EXCEPT MAIL will reconnect to the internet fine. Mail refuses. I have accounts on multiple services in Mail and all behave the same. I can not "take all accounts online" = nothing. I cannot restart Mail = nothing. I have to restart the entire computer.

Ideas?

MacBook Pro (17-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on May 19, 2015 2:35 PM

3 replies

May 20, 2015 12:51 PM in response to Eric Root

I don't think you understand.

This is not a sending/receiving issue.

This is also not a configuration issue.

The current configurations for each account are 100% successful BEFORE the error, and again AFTER a number of entire machine restarts that somehow fix the error. My accounts are on multiple services, in BOTH Imap and Pop, so this is NOT a service, or server side outage.

I already stated that Connection Doctor says Mail _IS_ connected, but the ACCOUNTS somehow do not see the connection.

I have also now eliminated toggling accounts on and off in the Mail>Prefs>Accounts>"account_x" as a possible fix = still nothing

Mail app won't reconnect until computer restarted.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.