Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot configure the trackpad to double tap and move a slider bar in any application

I cannot configure the trackpad to double tap and move a slider bar in any application. I have to press and hold the track pad to move as opposed to a light tap and move like I was able to do before... Any suggestions?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on May 19, 2015 2:36 PM

1 reply

May 21, 2015 12:41 PM in response to alltheworldsastage

Hello there, alltheworldsastage.

It sounds like you're trying to scroll with the trackpad on your MacBook. The following Knowledge Base article goes over how to accomplish that gesture in the more current versions of OS X:

Mac Basics: Multi-Touch gestures - Apple Support

Scrolling note: Scroll bars will only appear when you are scrolling. When not scrolling, they disappear to not get in the way of your content. You can change this behavior in the General pane of System Preferences, if desired.

Magic Trackpad – Two finger swipe in the direction you want to move your content. For example, a two finger swipe up will make your content move up. Two finger swipe left will make your content move to the left. Tip: Flick your fingers at the end of the swipe to generate momentum with your scroll. Note: Rubber-banding animations will spring back content to let you know that you are at the end of your content.

User uploaded file

If you are working in 10.6, as your profile indicates, then this article is more applicable:

Using the Multi-Touch trackpad in Mac OS X v10.5, 10.6 - Apple Support

Thanks for participating in Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

I cannot configure the trackpad to double tap and move a slider bar in any application

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.