Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What type of frame rates on average are you seeing while gaming nMP-2013 (d300 x2)

Yosemite 10.10.3 -- 3.5 hex core -- 32GB ram -- 512GB SSD -- ATI Fire D300 x2

What type of frame rate on average are you seeing while gaming.

I tried both in BootCamp Win8 and Mac OSX. I seem to get a very low frame rates on any benchmark tools and games. I know these cards are not meant for gaming but I'm getting 8 frames per sec. That seems very slow compared to the link below.

http://www.macnn.com/articles/14/04/11/amd.firepro.d.series.power.the.mac.pro.to .new.performance.highs/

Mac Pro (Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), null

Posted on May 19, 2015 1:46 PM

3 replies

May 19, 2015 5:29 PM in response to FreedomFury

I'm not sure what games or benchmarks you are trying, but I'm not generally seeing that kind of slowdown in 3d games.

For example, I can run Diablo 3 at 2560x1400 at 58 fps (Mac OS) with all options turned up. I have the D300s too. Granted, D3 may be a lightweight 3d title, but I'm not sure what you have tried.

If you have a particular program, I could give it a go and let you know. I don't have Bootcamp installed, so it would have to be a Mac benchmark/game.

May 20, 2015 6:01 AM in response to FreedomFury

The specific benchmark is within the Total War Attila Game. I have a separate Windows computer which I use for gaming. Its a Haswell i7 with a 760 GTX video card and on the same test I get 40/45 fps. I did try some other test Cinebench, Heaven Benchmark and others and achieved better results. Maybe its just the Attila game or test that does not like the video cards. I don't game on this system. I was just curious and the low score had concerned that maybe something was not working right.

What type of frame rates on average are you seeing while gaming nMP-2013 (d300 x2)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.