Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't turn off two-step verification. I can't change security questions. I can't buy from app store on my iphone

I have tried to buy apps and music on my iphone. However, it ask me to sign in to account. I put in the correct password. Then, it asks me 2 security questions, which I have forgotten the anwers to. I have tried to reset the security quesitons, in the "Manage my Apple ID" but it will not send an email to me. I have 3 emails listed and it will not send to any. I have also tried to Turn off the 2 step verification in the Manage My Apple ID, as per the instructions I found on Apple support. However, there is not an option that allows me to choose this.

I really just need to turn of this 2 step verification so that I can purchase items from my iphone.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 19, 2015 2:59 PM

1 reply

May 19, 2015 3:01 PM in response to lasmitho

If you are being asked to answer Security Questions, you do not have 2-Step Verification turned on. The email is sent to your Rescue email address which is different than your Apple ID email address or any of your alternate email addresses.

If you do not remember what your Rescue email address is, you can contact Apple Support to have your Security Questions reset:

ACCOUNT SECURITY CONTACT

Cheers,

GB

I can't turn off two-step verification. I can't change security questions. I can't buy from app store on my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.