Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the SIM card for the I-Phone5 fit the 6series:ditto the charging connector?

I,m thinking of updating my I-Phone 5 to a 6 or 6plus--- do I need a different size SIM card or can I use my existing one? Is the charging connector the same size?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.0.2

Posted on May 19, 2015 1:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2015 1:31 PM

The SIM cards are the same, and so is the Lightning connector. But there's no real reason to re-use a SIM; your carrier will be happy to provide a new one, and usually it's free.

8 replies

May 19, 2015 2:24 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

HI Lawrence,

your obviously the right man to answer my queries ( stupid as they might seem--but guess I,m just a elderly citizen with no technical no-how !,!!!!).so here goes---how does one get all my old info from my original phone to a potential new one ---if I have to get a new SIM? Is my old data not stored on my old SIM?

apologies for my ignorance of I-Phones!!!

regards

John

May 19, 2015 3:02 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thanks again, but as my existing phone has suddenly gone kaput ,my local Mobile Phone Man can't repair it and thinks it could be one of the PC boards,and has given it the "last rites"!!! More bad news is that I purchased it in Dubai while on holiday 2yrs ago and apparently Apple UK will not offer a repair/ exchange!,

so I guess from your comments that all my info will be unretrievable and I will have to start from scratch!! Is this statement correct do you think?

John

Does the SIM card for the I-Phone5 fit the 6series:ditto the charging connector?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.