Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing album artwork after syncing iPhone 6 to PC

I have an iPhone 6, iOS 8.1. I recently started syncing to a different computer after the one I was using died. Everything was going smoothly until today when I synced to the computer so that I would have a current backup. Before the sync I had all of the album artwork. After syncing, I don't think I even have 20% of the album artwork. I have synced to the computer again in hopes it would put all of the missing artwork back on my iPhone. No luck with that. Now I'm wondering......Is there a way to get album artwork directly onto my iPhone? Apple, namely iTunes, frustrates me so bad. Anyone out there who can give me specific, step by step instructions? I don't really care how the artwork gets back on my phone, just that it does.

Btw, all of the missing album artwork is on the computer, just not on my phone.

Thanks in advance!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1

Posted on May 19, 2015 2:14 PM

4 replies

May 21, 2015 12:24 PM in response to madisonfromgreensboro

Howdy madisonfromgreensboro,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

As a first step for troubleshooting this issue where not all of the album artwork is appearing on your iPhone, I'd like you to first update your iPhone to the newest iOS version available to date, iOS 8.3.

Update the iOS software on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Take care,

Alex H.

May 21, 2015 7:01 PM in response to chuck_3rd

I thought about updating. Problem is, my dad has an iPhone 6 with iOS 8.3 and you can't make music playlists with it. At least with the software I have now I can make playlists. Any idea when an update fixing that problem might come out? I think I'll keep with what I have now, but thanks for the suggestion. We're all full time farmers, so about 90% of my phone usage is music and that means listening to my playlists. So unless my phone crashes, I really don't want to lose the ability to make playlists.

Thanks again for your help and God bless! 🙂

May 22, 2015 3:05 PM in response to chuck_3rd

What I mean is that it looks like you can make a playlist. You can tap "+ New Playlist". As soon as you do that it lets you go to the song list to add new songs. You can sit there and tap on songs all day long and they will not gray out. I thought maybe that was just the issue, but then you tap "done" and there are no songs on the playlist. I used to have a 4s, and I had updated that phone to iOS 8.2.1. On that version of software you could tap on songs and they would act like you were adding them to a playlist, but there was no "done" button anywhere so it didn't save the songs you selected. On ios 8.1, the playlist feature is functional, but you can't listen to music while you are making a playlist....otherwise, there is no done button on that version either.

All of this is why I was wondering when a new version of software might come out.

thanks again!

Missing album artwork after syncing iPhone 6 to PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.