Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i delete photos from library and leave them in a folder

can i delete photos from photo library and leave them in a folder so there are no duplicates?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012)

Posted on May 19, 2015 2:49 PM

3 replies

May 19, 2015 3:37 PM in response to mamawto7

With the amount of information you've provided it's impossible to offer a solution. We can't see your computer so we need to know the details of your problem and setup, i.e.:

• what system are you running?
  • what version of iPhoto are you using?
  • are you running a "managed" or "referenced" library? (See iPhoto's Advanced preference pane)
  • where is the folder that you're referring to located?
  • where is your library located?

User uploaded file

May 19, 2015 4:34 PM in response to Old Toad

I'm using OS X Yosemite; iPhoto not here anymore--it just shows "Photos".

As for the rest of your questions---I just flat don't know! when I open iTunes, there's a message that my iPhoto library has been migrated to Photos and asks if I want to review my sync settings. When I do that, it automatically starts syncing new phone before I click on sync photos OR just plain sync at the bottom.

When I open Photos, across the top of the page are tabs for Photos, Shared, Albums, Projects and Import. If I open photos tab, all photos seem to be there by date. If I open albums, there are no albums which I had created. If I open import, all photos seem to be there but in no particular order.

THeres a message saying saying I can choose which photos from my computer are copied to my phone and that photos from my phone's camera roll can be imported separately into iPhoto (?), aperture, photos or image capture

I Am TOTally los, Old Toad! ! I'm an old goat and just want to create folders & have all pictures in folders with no duplicates anywhere. Can you help?

can i delete photos from library and leave them in a folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.