Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I recover deleted .xls file from external drive?

I recently went back into my old HD which I'm now using as an external HD. I tried to click on an .xls file and received the error as seen in the screenshot. Well, I just dragged it from the folder onto the desktop and the file opened no problem. However, this file (WSP.xls) was actual several different saved versions which it deleted by itself after giving me the error message. Now the only file I have is the version from 2 years ago. I need the one from March 24, 2014 as seen in the screenshot. I tried ISkysoft already and couldn't recover it so I'm wondering if anyone can enlighten me before I download ten different apps with no luck. Thank you so much for your help.

User uploaded file

Posted on May 19, 2015 2:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2015 3:03 PM

Since this seems to be a download file in some mail app and it was gotten via the imap protocl, this file should still be on the mail server. Log into you mail account from some web browser and download again.

Now is a good time to invest in a backup drive or drives.

Robert

2 replies

How do I recover deleted .xls file from external drive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.