Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Xcode 6.3.2 update fails to complete download from App Store

I have Xcode 6.3.1 installed on my system. It was downloaded and installed from the App Store on 22 April 2015.

I was notified this morning that updates were available from the App Store for Remote Desktop Client 3.8.4, WiFi Explorer 2.0.1, Command Line Tools (OS X 10.10) 6.3, and Xcode 6.3.2. All of the updates were downloaded from the App Store and installed with the exception of Xcode 6.3.2.

The Xcode 6.3.2 download fails to complete. I get different error messages. Sometimes I get complaints about insufficient space to complete the download. At others I get complaints of a transmission error.

Now that I found the place to complain about the problem, Xcode 6.3.2 downloads and installs. Did someone at Apple update the Xcode 6.3.2 download package on the App Store?

Mac Pro (Early 2008), OS X Yosemite (10.10), OS X Server

Posted on May 19, 2015 5:01 PM

14 replies

May 21, 2015 7:29 AM in response to Regis_stg

I don't know if you got it working yet, but I literally had to wait forever for Xcode to finish updating and installing. The time remaining was super inaccurate jumping anywhere from 1 minute remaining to 14 minutes and vice versa, but I just watched the bar move at a snail pace. Maybe waiting is the best option on this one. As far as error messages from updating on the App Store...sometimes deleting and re downloading completely helps me. I hate doing that most times I need to update apps, but I think there are still some kinks in their updating protocols. The "update all" has never worked for me yet since Yosemite came out. I'm not mad...I love Yosemite; it's simply a small inconvenience.

May 21, 2015 9:20 AM in response to Merton Crockett

What is going on with Apple lately??? First, the update to 10.10.3 broke my ability to use a high resolution external monitor and now the update to XCode 6.3.2 just hangs and has screwed up other functions of my laptop. I hate to say it but all these issues lately have *really* made me question whether or not Apple is in a downward spiral and I should jump ship. COME ON APPLE!! GET YOUR STUFF TOGETHER!!

May 21, 2015 9:37 AM in response to mcrysler

You are completely right!! lately they screw up a lot, and not just on os but also on iOS. too much bugs that we got used not to see but seem like lately those bugs are all over. what is going on with those apple engineers??

I tried it again just now and after an hour and a half of download I got "error has occurred..." message and i have to start all again... I am desperate!

May 21, 2015 10:18 AM in response to ckuan

We are referring to the update itself, I believe. I recorded the update's size at roughly 222 MB which shouldn't take as long as it did to install, unless there were some serious updates happening deep in the root OS framework (since Xcode is a developer tool and necessary files are housed in root directory). It took me like 3 minutes to download and then 1 hour to install as well...

May 26, 2015 8:01 AM in response to rubin2000

I am having exactly the same problem, that is, I get an error everytime after the installation is complete. I made sure I have enough free space (over 7.5GB) but everytime after the download is complete, I get a message like 'an error has occured', which is also what is written in red next to the 'upgrade' button in app store after I rebooted. The download always stopped after I got such a message but the progress bar below the 'downloads' icon still showed an incomplete download (that below 'launchpad did vansih after I got that message). After rebooting also the download progres bar beneath 'downloads' disappeared but the upgrade did not take place (it is still ebing offered in app store, only with the message that an error has occured in red next to it). I've tried installing it again but it's always the same, the download appears to take place entirely (taking quite some time but steadily increasing the amount that has been received out off 2,51GB, only when it should be about complete (or at least during the last couple of MB) I get an error message.

I was wondering if anyone could point me to a post that deals with this problem, or is it still unsolved? Thanks and best regards, tim

Xcode 6.3.2 update fails to complete download from App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.