Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad screen is corrupt, and striped.

Hi, my iPad is very corrupt looking, and has stripes on it. The touchscreen works, but is uncoordinated, and detects to far to the right. Otherwise, the iPad functions fine. Before this, I had dropped it, and it simply shut down. So, I force restart it, and it functioned fine. Now, a few hours ago, I dropped it, and the screen would only flash blue. I tried force restarting it, and the normal white apple logo came with a blue background. Now the screen is corrupt.

(Also, I backed it up just now, and it did it normally, if that helps determine it's problem)

iPad, iOS 8.2

Posted on May 19, 2015 3:09 PM

10 replies

Jul 1, 2015 9:19 AM in response to Alfred DeRose

to answer your question, it went great! While trying to decide what to do, I stored it away. Today, just a few minutes ago, I was looking for my sunglasses. While doing that, I saw my iPad, still corrupt. I decided, why not hit the back really hard this time? (Earlier I had been doing it too softly) well, I hit it firmly with the side of my fist, the protective case still on, and... BAM! It works perfectly now! I am DEFINATELY going to be VERY careful about dropping it, I've learned my lesson. Thank you for your support everyone, and I hope I've helped others as well.🙂

Feb 8, 2016 2:16 PM in response to Pey777

WE were having the same issue with my daughter. I just got the screen fixed from warranty place and gave to daughter and than distorted screen with lines. I sen back to warranty repair and they called me asking what it was doing because it's not doing it now. I said well I did reset content and all settings. They actually think shipping it to them. I shipped in bubble wrap and peanut. That maybe knocked what ever happened back. He did say they noticed the charging pins and headphones werent working and when they open it up to fix those they should be able to see why the distorted screen. I explained it like being the weird tvs from cable and satellite tvs in Indepence day (the movie). He sai ok that makes sense because the next day it was worst. And was doing while I was doing back up and I did do a reset with power as home button pushed together.

So I can see slapping the back would fix it.

My iPad screen is corrupt, and striped.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.