Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help of needed for hashtag

How do I type out the hashtag on my iPad keyboard? I see where it's located but can't get it to type out.

iPad, iOS 8.1

Posted on May 19, 2015 8:40 PM

6 replies

May 19, 2015 11:02 PM in response to Vegasmisty

If the hashtag still doesn't print you can try an alternative keyboard. Mt favorite is Brightkey. It has the added bonus of when you move your finger left/right on the space bar the cursor moves.

Brightkey Keyboard - Designer Themes + PANTONE by Brightkey Limited

https://appsto.re/us/zHfx2.i

If you don't want to install another keyboard copy the following hashtag then paste it into keyboard shortcuts. # Copy the hashtag. Go to settings> general> keyboard> shortcuts. Paste the hashtag then type ht as the shortcut. Tap save.

User uploaded file

Maybe all you really need is a reset. Press and hold both the home and power buttons until the Apple logo appears. Release both buttons. wait until your iPad starts on it's own.

Help of needed for hashtag

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.