Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I sync a song from iMac to iPad that in is only in iCloud

I wish to sync a playlist from iMac to iPad, which contains some songs on iMac and some only on the cloud. Will they all transfer? I will not be in contact with either internet or cell phone, so I need songs to be local on iPad.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on May 19, 2015 5:07 PM

1 reply

May 21, 2015 1:56 PM in response to Karl's Mac

Hello there, Karl.

To accomplish syncing a playlist to your iPad or any iOS device, you have two options. The first would involve getting all the music in the playlist into iTunes on your Mac and then syncing the content via USB to your iPad using this article:

Sync your iPhone, iPad, and iPod with iTunes using USB - Apple Support

Alternatively, iTunes Match provides an over-the-air option if you prefer, but this is a service that must be purchased:

iTunes Match on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Downloading or streaming from iTunes Match

You can browse by Genius Mixes, Playlists, Artists, Songs, Albums, Genres, Compilations, or Composers. When you find something you like, tap the song name to begin streaming that song or playlist. If you begin streaming a song from a playlist, iTunes Match will continue playing the rest of your playlist after the initial song has finished.

User uploaded file

If you'd like to download the song or playlist to your iOS device, tap the download icon to the right of the song or at the bottom of the playlist.
User uploaded file

Thanks for being a part of Apple Support Communities.

Kind Regards,

Pedro.

can I sync a song from iMac to iPad that in is only in iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.