Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big latency issues Garage Band 10.0.3

So recently (day before yesterday) I reluctantly installed GB10. I am running a Macbook Pro with Yosemite and 8GB of ram. The previous version of GB worked fine. I have an M Audio interface for my acoustic and electric instruments and a Samson CO3U USB mic (love this thing) for vocals and voice over work. For some unknown reason today the mic developed atleast a .5 sec delay right in the middle of laying down vocal tracks. I have been able to eliminate it and my project is due on June 4th. Why is there no way to adjust buffer size in GB10?

How can i remedy this and get back to zero latency?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 8GB of ram

Posted on May 19, 2015 7:15 PM

2 replies

May 20, 2015 9:29 AM in response to Pat Soffe

In reply to my previous post, since this is a paid project and desperately need to solve this problem, i have noticed that the latency also occurs with the built in mic as well and is not specific to the USB ports/mic as previously thought.

I have tried all of the tricks that people have posted changing buffer rates in midi ( which shouldn't have any affect, but did add a LOT of distortion) to turning off wifi (not sure what the affect is there) to turning off the airport as well. Also tried deleting the current vocal track and adding a new one. Same results.😕

I would happily go back to the previous FREE version of Garageband if i was sure i wouldn't loose all of these tracks.

Please any help is certainly appreciated.

Big latency issues Garage Band 10.0.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.