Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone got wet. Cant enter password. How to enter iTunes without unlocked phone?

So my phone got wet like a week ago (milk) and that whole rice thing didn't work because my phone was cracked. But i saved so many pictures and memories in there that it would be a shame if they were lost forever. When i tries to log into iTunes on computer to TRY to retrieve any pictures, it didn't let me because the phone was lock but i CANT unlock it because the screen doesn't work in certain areas. Is there any way i could try to get past the password and then log into my iTunes?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on May 19, 2015 9:50 PM

3 replies

May 19, 2015 9:59 PM in response to gail from maine

Yeah i hooked the phone up to the computer but its asking me to enter the password but i just CANT because the screen doesn't work in certain parts. It shows me a little screen that says "iTunes cannot connect to iPhone because it is locked with a passcode. You must enter your passcode into iPhone before it can be used with iTunes"

May 20, 2015 7:33 AM in response to Eileen Flores

Then you are going to have to put the device into Recovery Mode. If you don't have a backup to restore from, then you will lose all of the data on your device (sorry). If you want to do the Restore, click the Recovery Mode box in this article for instructions:

Forgot passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

Best of luck,

GB

Phone got wet. Cant enter password. How to enter iTunes without unlocked phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.