Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport express isnt connecting to the express upstairs

I am using an airport express upstairs as my modem. I have another express downstairs to extend my network. My downstairs one is blinking amber and I cannot connect to it. Any help would be appreciated.

null-OTHER

Posted on May 19, 2015 8:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2015 3:50 AM

Is the one upstairs set to router or bridge?? Create a wireless network?

Take the downstairs one and place it in the same room as the upstairs.. does it now appear in the airport utility. If not press reset and start again.. do the set in the same room as the upstairs and then take downstairs again.. if it loses connection the wireless signal is too poor for it to work there.. you need a half way location.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2015 3:50 AM in response to ohp290

Is the one upstairs set to router or bridge?? Create a wireless network?

Take the downstairs one and place it in the same room as the upstairs.. does it now appear in the airport utility. If not press reset and start again.. do the set in the same room as the upstairs and then take downstairs again.. if it loses connection the wireless signal is too poor for it to work there.. you need a half way location.

Airport express isnt connecting to the express upstairs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.