Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does Family Share allow you to log in only twice a year

My son keeps logging out & now it says he has to wait 310 days to log in again. How do we get around that?

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 19, 2015 9:52 PM

3 replies

May 19, 2015 9:55 PM in response to chrnmar

Do you mean that his device is disabled due to too many Lock Screen password attempts? If so, then follow the instructions in this support article that best apply to your situation:

iOS: Device Disabled

If that is what happened, then it has nothing to do with Family Sharing. It is a normal Device Disabled situation that would happen any time someone put in the wrong Lock Screen password too many times.

Cheers,

GB

May 20, 2015 7:25 AM in response to chrnmar

Interesting...Thanks for posting the screenshot - I was not aware of that message/limitation. I would suggest that you contact Apple Support about this. They probably can get you straightened out this time. They may also be able to tell you if there is a way to prevent your son from being able to "Stop Family Sharing". Here is a link:

ACCOUNT SECURITY CONTACT

Best of luck!

GB

why does Family Share allow you to log in only twice a year

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.