Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

need help

i upgrade my iphone today to ios 8.3 bt i cild not activate my iphone cuz i cld not used the id i was using i dont know what to do

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 20, 2015 12:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2015 12:20 AM

Hi His the iPhone second hand if its locked to unknown Apple ID Unless you can contact the first owner to remove from Find my iPhone App It cannot be used if you have just bought this ask for your money back . Cheers Brian

13 replies

May 23, 2015 2:42 AM in response to FelipeV

i contacted the previous owner and he said he went online on his icloud account and removed the device from find my iphone app and i tried to activate with a different account but still nothing has change plzzzz i need help my phone has been down for days and i have lost a lot these days. i,m in Cameroon and there are no apple stores, i can even go there to lay a complaint or get some advice

May 23, 2015 4:34 AM in response to orumejude

Did you follow the instructions in the article? Try restoring the phone as new and then activate it. If you still encounter the activation lock with the old Apple ID, the previous owner has NOT removed the phone from Find my iPhone. You must deal and resolve the problem with the previous owner. Apple will NOT circumvent the activation lock. There is nothing more to do here.

May 23, 2015 10:54 PM in response to orumejude

As you have been told, nobody here works for Apple so we cannot help you beyond the help you have been given here. And even if we did work for Apple, Apple would not circumvent the activation lock for you.

There is nothing more to do here.

Either:

You get the owner to remove the phone from Find my Phone

or

Return the phone to the owner and ask for a refund.

need help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.