Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to launch Osirix 2.7.5 in OS 10.4.11

Our office has recently 'inherited' an old iMac G5 that is running OS 10.4.11 (the iMac can't support OS 10.5).

We want to use it to run OsiriX.

Based on previous feedback, the version of OsiriX that can be supported is 2.7.5.

However, after installing the software, the application failed to launch.

Could it be that the OsiriX is not compatible with OS 10.4.11?

Should I look for an earlier version of OsiriX (i.e. ver. 2.6)? (Although I can't seem to find any links to the software online.)

Any help would be much appreciated!

We plan to use OsiriX to view DICOM images.

MacBook Pro

Posted on May 19, 2015 10:09 PM

9 replies

May 21, 2015 6:09 AM in response to CK Lim

There's a remote chance somebody on this forum may use any particular item of third party software but generally the only support we can provide in that regard is what we ourselves find in web searches. The place where you are guaranteed to find somebody familiar with a third party's software is on the software's support site. I didn't see any mention of the old version there so you will have to contact them directly to ask.

http://www.osirix-viewer.com/Contact.html

May 21, 2015 10:06 AM in response to CK Lim

"Our office has recently 'inherited' an old iMac G5 that is running OS 10.4.11 (the iMac can't support OS 10.5)."

All G5 iMacs (from the first in 2004) support Leopard (10.5.8). You may need to increase the RAM, but your G5 will run 10.5.8--provided that you can obtain retail installation discs for a reasonable cost.

Unable to launch Osirix 2.7.5 in OS 10.4.11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.