Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

multiplex error in iDVD? Can anyone help?

Hi, Ive been using iDVD for some time and its been great. Now I'm getting 'Multiplex Error' 'There was an error during muxing preparation (project conversion)'. I tried using my old spare Mac but its doing it on that too. On looking for advice I was told to remove the plist file. The only one I could find was 'version.plist' which i removed and then ran a problem checking thing on the Mac which came back with 'no problems found'. Im not very teccy - I'd really appreciate some clear advice on how to fix this. Thanks.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 20, 2015 4:13 AM

26 replies

May 20, 2015 3:12 PM in response to Russ H

Thanks Russ. I'm having trouble accessing this forum because when I click onto it, I get the German site! No idea why and it won't let me change it. I will try again on my other Mac. By the way I printed the advice you gave me last year(!) and it was useful in that it reminded me that I can also use Compressor to burn disks, which Im using as a make do for now. So thanks for that again anyway!

May 21, 2015 1:01 AM in response to Russ H

I export a ProRes 422 master file from Final Cut X, then compress it (as I burn two films to the disk usually), so the films are Quicktime movies on iDVD. Its worked brilliantly for about a year then suddenly I get this error message. I tried starting again from the beginning to make sure the films hadn't got any blips at the start of the process. I tried my old spare Mac, and I had the message on that one too... I tried burning an old iDVD movie I made last year that I know burned fine, and that gets the error message too. Any ideas would be very much appreciated... Its so frustrating.

May 24, 2015 1:39 PM in response to Russ H

Hi Russ, sorry for the delay. Wont bore you with details!

Okay I did that, and I saved as a Disk Image which gave me a img. file with an icon of a hard drive pic. When I tried to play in the DVD player it said 'Data disk there is no title' There was also another file on the desk top with the file name in capitals and underscores. When I tried just playing this in DVD player on the computer it said ' supported disk not available'. Im grateful for any thoughts you might have on what else to try.

May 24, 2015 4:37 PM in response to Harper Severn

Interesting. Let's retrace some of the steps.

In QuickTime Player, please open the video file that you're bringing into iDVD Them open the Inspector with the keyboard shortcut, Command-i. When the Inspector window opens, take a screenshot of the Inspector window. (Shift+Command-4 to draw a selection and take a screenshot that will automatically be saved to your Desktop.) Please post the screen shot.

Russ

May 25, 2015 8:10 AM in response to Russ H

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Hi Russ,

So the first screen shot is what I got from the Master file (Quicktime) shared from Final Cut X. I got the muxing error from this in iDVD. I managed to get an 'img' file using the compressed file but the 3rd screen shot is what I get when I double click on the img file and the one below it. When i burned them to disk, they won't play as it says they are data files.

multiplex error in iDVD? Can anyone help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.