Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I connect my iPod touch 5th Gen (32GB) to a computer monitor using a VGA to Lightning Adapter?

I have an iPod touch 5th Gen and I want to connect my iPod to a larger display, while having my iPod connected to a MFI controller (SteelSeries Stratus XL). I have a moniter originally for a PC, and I was wondering if I could connect my iPod to it rather than connecting my iPod into a TV. Will the Lighting to VGA adapter work?

iPod touch, iOS 8.3, 5th Gen 32GB

Posted on May 20, 2015 5:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply
3 replies

May 21, 2015 3:42 AM in response to TEENSTARGATEFAN

It does not make any difference who made the display. The display just has to have an HDMI or VGA input. A projector with those inputs is fine as well as a monitor or TV.

The 5G iPod supports:

• AirPlay mirroring and video out to Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation)
  • Video mirroring and video out support: Up to 1080p through Lightning Digital AV Adapter and Lightning to VGA Adapter (adapters sold separately)

Can I connect my iPod touch 5th Gen (32GB) to a computer monitor using a VGA to Lightning Adapter?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.