Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am currently in Germany trying to set up my Apple TV. I cannot get the Time and Date to configure. Any suggestions?

I Am currently in Germany trying to set up my Third Generation Apple TV. I am not able to configure the time and date. Any suggestions?

Posted on May 20, 2015 3:13 AM

1 reply

May 20, 2015 4:35 AM in response to BettyAnne

Assuming this is not the first time you have used your Apple TV

1. You might try restarting the Apple TV by removing ALL the cables for 30 seconds.
  2. Also try restarting the router. (Also try removing it’s power cord for at least 30 seconds)
  3. If the problem persists, try a restore, you may want to try the previous procedures several times before doing this.
  4. If restoring from the Apple TV doesn't help, try restoring from iTunes using a USB cable.

If this is a new Apple TV, in addition to trying the above, it may also be that your network router is not allowing access to the timeserver, check that your router allows access over port 123.

I am currently in Germany trying to set up my Apple TV. I cannot get the Time and Date to configure. Any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.